Stanhope Hotel was awarded the Green Key Label in 2012. The Green Key is an international eco-label awarded to tourist establishments for their environmental processes and performance. The hotel is also certified as an “Entreprise écodynamique / Ecodynamisch bedrijf".
European Week for Waste Reduction
Stanhope Hotel participates in the European Week for Waste Reduction every year. This year, Stanhope Hotel hosted an exhibition from the 15th until the 24th of November. The "Recycling Expo" included:
We had also the pleasure to be the Brussels venue partner for the "Eco-chic Design Award 2013 - Redress" (more information).
We are fully aware of the limited available natural resources and of the impact our sector is having on the environment. That is why we have chosen to implement an environmental policy that takes into account our opportunities to reduce our ecological footprint while maintaining a high quality service.
We are focusing on the following topics
- Involvement of our employees (information, training and awareness)
- Involvement of our guests (information and awareness)
- Water management
- Energy management
- Waste management
- Limiting the cleaning products with the use of the ionators
Initiatives in place for a greener hotel
- Reduction of paper
- Briefings on environmental advice
- Buffets waste limited
- Calculation of ecological footprints of event
- A new "Green hotel package"
- Display of actions to be taken up by social media and the website
- Exhibition of works of art or objects made from reusable materials *
- Collection of T-lights in the bar
- Interactive animation from the Quiz for clients and staff
- Visit to Horeca Expo "Face the Future Green" at Flanders Expo Gent
- Monthly checking of electricity, water and gas since 2009
- Replace normal electricity bulbs into LED
- Fitting of a fountain of still and sparkling water
Our guests can also contribute towards a more sustainable environment. If they are staying more than one night and do not want the room to be serviced, they can hang up a card outside the door and they will be rewarded with a € 5.00 voucher to use in the bar and restaurant of the hotel.