Afternoon Tea at Hotel Bristol
Enjoy Afternoon Tea in the Winter Garden and the Library Bar at the venerable Hotel Bristol in Oslo.
From NOK 375 per person
The British tradition of Afternoon Tea was started by the Duchess of Bedford, Anna Russell, who was a good friend of Queen Victoria. In the 1840s, the Duchess had the idea of serving a light meal comprising sandwiches, tea and biscuits in the afternoon because she was hungry and there was a long wait before dinner was served. This became a popular tradition that spread around the world.
At the Hotel Bristol in Oslo you can sample our delicious “Afternoon Tea menu”, which we serve every day including weekends from 11.00
- Swiss roll filled with pistachio nuts and raspberry
- Pate a Choux with lime and lemon filling
- Cafè Opera
- Cherry cheesecake
- Vanilla scones
- Scones of the season
- Marmalade and jam according to the season
- Clotted cream
- Milk bread filled with shrimps and dill
- Duck confit with rye bread
- Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
- Cucumber sandwich with cream cheese
Lunchtime is popular at the Hotel Bristol, especially on Saturdays. We encourage our guests to book a table in advance.
For groups of more than 7 persons, kindly contact us via email or ring us on +47 22 82 60 22.